The first thing we cut out when we decide to lose some extra pounds is carbs, simple and complex ones. Why? Because carbs turn to sugar, sugar into fat, and fat into weight gain. The keto or ketogenic diet follow this simple principle. It’s all about a no carbs, high fat, and protein diet to turn your metabolism into a ketosis state. In other words, your metabolism burns fat for energy and becomes exceptionally efficient. The result is rapid weight loss, followed by a standard plateau state once your system gets used to the new diet.
Keep reading, because we dive into this keto thing.
Follow us foodvsevil
The best thing about the keto diet is that you learn how to eat well. You choose lean fats, clean proteins, and greens, instead of simple carbs and sugar. In no time, your body gets used to it and stops cravings triggered by carbs and sugar. In addition to weight loss, the keto diet reduces insulin and blood sugar levels.
How to achieve weight loss success
- If you want to succeed with any diet, planning is critical: The first thing you have to do is clean out your pantry. Get rid of all your junk food, pasta, rice, tortillas, and anything with flour.
- Announce that you’re starting a diet: Yes, unless you leave alone, weight loss is a community effort. There’s no success unless everyone around you supports your weight loss journey. Meaning, your peers need to be in the know and on board with your weight loss process. Why? Because you want to avoid temptation and cravings while you try this new diet.
- Keep a food diary: You’ll be surprised how much food you’ll eat with this diet, but it’s imperative to keep track of everything you eat in a day. You’ll notice a change in your mood, your bowel movements, and energy levels. It’s an adjustment, and your body and brain need to get used to it.
- Learn how to food shop: Gravitate towards the dairy, meat, and poultry departments. These are your new niches because everything has a high-fat content, exactly what you need for the keto diet. Load on veggies, fresh and frozen, but stay away from canned ones. Summer is the best season to start a new diet plan since there’s an overload of produce in the supermarket and more options.
- Keep an eye on fruits: Yes, fruits have natural sugars, but at the end of the day is sugar, and you don’t want to consume much of it. Two servings a day is enough to start.
- Stay hydrated with electrolytes: This is a significant point because you need to replenish your system, and tap or regular water is not enough. Instead, buy water with electrolytes, but stay away from energy drinks since they have a lot of sugar.
Lastly… relax, you got this, and you can do it. Since this diet is becoming very popular, there are entire food aisles in supermarkets with products dedicated to assisting keto dieters. It’s going to be hard at the beginning while your body is adjusting to the new food intake, and you’ll be hangry, but it will only take two weeks. The best thing about this diet is that it’s sustainable, and you can do it long term. Remember to allow yourself one cheat day as a reward to eat the carbs you’re missing so much. Of course, in moderation, because you don’t want to regret your choice.