Why your high-protein diet is making you gain weight
To lose weight successfully, you have to understand the anatomy of your body first. You are frustrated because your high-protein diet is working well for your man, but you are still waiting to see the results. The reason your waistline is not shrinking is because of your serotonin levels are low. Yes, that hormone is responsible for giving you the feeling of satiety and that high protein meal is lowering your hormone levels. Why? Well, because women have lower levels of the hormone to begin with in comparison to men. Relax, there’s a solution, you simply have to tweak your high-protein-low-carb-diet in order for it to work. Keep reading, we’ll tell you how!
- Add fiber to your plate because fiber is what makes you feel full and satisfied. If you’re satisfied, you won’t snack that fast.
- Replace simple carbs such as salads and fruits with more complex ones like whole-grains. Think of it like a savings plan, you’ll eat a little more food now so you don’t have to eat a lot later.
- Have a serving of wild or brown rice, whole-wheat pasta or grains with a meal per day in order to raise your serotonin levels and absorb protein better. Remember that to generate weight loss we have to eat, but we have to eat smart.
- Make your man jealous. How? Eat a piece of whole-wheat toast with olive oil with your meat. A high protein meal will only satisfy you for a few hours and before you know it, you’ll be craving high calorie foods.
- Keep your serotonin levels up by eating oatmeal in the morning. Choose a flavorless variety and cook it in water. Low serotonin levels are what makes you feel hunger and cravings.
- Drink a glass of water before and after every meal. It will keep you hydrated and full.
Twitter @FoodvsEvil #FoodvsEvil
Image by Milena Prinzi